On this Day,1917, Our Lady appeared to three children in Fatima, Portugal. She appeared the 13th of each month for 6 months on which day she Gave a miracle to over 80,000 witnesses. Called the Miracle of the Sun. The event was recorded in newspapers all over the world including the New York Times. She stated many things durning the apparition here are just a few.
1. Pray for the Conversion of Sinners
2. She stated that we must pray the Rosary Every day
3. She gave the children a Vision of Hell, and gave them a prayer to pray for the poor souls in purgatory and for those in danger of being damned to hell.
4. End of WW1
5. That if men would... not turn back from God that a greater and even worse war would break out, and we would know by a night with a strange " unknown" light in the sky. On January 25, 1938 there was a light seen all across Europe and as far south as Southern Australia, Sicily, Portugal and across the Atlantic to Bermuda and Southern California. It was also seen from Airplanes, and was described as "A Curtain of shimmering Fire".One year later, WWII Began.
6. For the consecration to her Immaculate heart, especially Russia to be converted .. She said "Russias Evils" were going to be spread throughout the world... ( Meaning Communism) If not.
7. That the Holy Father would be shot.( Keep in mind that this was a secret, and no one knew till it was released by the Vatican). John Paul II was Shot on This feast day, May 13 1981. It narrowly missed his heart. "One hand shot the bullet.. another one guided it" jp2
If this was the case back then.. how much more of a need do we have now! Pray the Rosary, Consecrate your self to Our lady, Pray for the conversion of sinners, and Come back to her Son.. a loving and Forgiving God.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
"My Daughter, if I demand through you that people revere My mercy, you should be the first to distinguish yourself by this confidence in My mercy. I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.
I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy towards your neighbor: The first-by deed, the second-by word, the third- by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy. Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be acts of mercy, and i demand the worship of my mercy through the solemn celebration of the Feast and through the veneration of the image which is painted. By means of this image I shall grant many graces to souls. It is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works."
Now that we have past the Feast of Divine Mercy, how is the lord asking us to show mercy, and be a good witness to his mercy? We came to him, asking for his mercy, and have received it. Now we must go out and proclaim it. As Christ said to Saint Faustina in the first paragraph, if we are the ones who are called to spread the greatness of Gods Mercy, we must be the one putting it into action. Showing it by our example in Deed, Word, and Prayer. Lets try this together, for one day, be an example of his Endless Mercy. Every time we are offended, do not wish revenge.. but offer a prayer up out of Love for Christ. If we see someone in the hall needing out help, stop to help them.If at work there is someone that you don't particularly like.. as hard as it might be, smile at them ( maybe even say hi...;-) ) If we have a quick tongue, think before every single word that you say today. Offer whatever feelings or words that you wish to say, to Christ, and ask him to purify them. At the end of the day see how well you did. See if the next day we can do better. Lets be examples of Christ's mercy, and be an advertisement for the great abyss.
"O my Jesus, You Yourself must help me in everything, because you see how very little I am, and so I depend solely on Your goodness, O God." -Saint Faustina